RX Filter Sock
(North Island Product Only)
Extends the service life of perforated drain systems by filtering out silt and sand. Quick and easy to apply with a preloaded disposable applicator. Constructed from a strong and seamless synthetic fabric. Meets RTA specification standard 3553 (RTA NSW QA specification 3553 for seamless tubular filter fabric). Available in roll form or preinstalled on RX DrainawayTM/Freeway Drain
- Strength - Strong seamless synthetic sleeve with high tear strength. Constructed with a special lock stitch to prevent unravelling and to discourage laddering.
- Lifespan - After installing the RX Filter Sock has a life span equal to plastic drainage systems. The product does gradually deteriorate in strength if exposed to direct sunlight and should be packaged or covered if exposure is more than 3 months.
- Lightweight- knitted from light weight multifilament synthetic fibre and adds only minimal weight increase to plastic drainage systems.
RX Filter Sock is available in 15m, 30m, 50m and 100m lengths.
Benefits of the RX Filter Sock
- To provide a filter for coarse silt/fine sandy particles which can enter an unprotected subsoil drain.
- Creates a continuous surface of equal porosity around the exterior of a subsoil drain.
- Permits free flow of water into the subsoil drain corrugations
- Acts as a soil stabiliaser to help support and maintain the surrounding soil and reduce the break down of that soil structure.
- In the problem area, dig a trench two times the pipe outside diameter, 300 to 400mm deep. With a minimum fall of one in one hundred (1:100).
- 13mm screening gravel should be placed on the bottom of the trench 80mm deep, then lay the drainaway in place.
- 13mm screening gravel should then be placed over the drainaway to a depth of 100mm.Replace soil.Do not use clay as backfill!