Benefits For Farmers
K-Line is now well established as a cost-effective, flexible and scalable irrigation solution for sheep and beef farmers around New Zealand and in other parts of the globe.
As an alternative to high capital cost travelling irrigators and centre pivot irrigation, K-Line is highly cost-effective and has become a familiar sight on dairy farms around New Zealand, Australia, South America and South Africa.
The primary benefits of the system include:
- low capital cost (particularly if you have labour available for shifting the pods during the day)
- ease of installation and shifting (just connect behind a four wheeler bike or available vehicle)
- suitable to all types of terrain and shape of paddock
- can irrigate crops up to 250mm tall
- lines and pods can be left in paddocks when not in use and is robust enough to be safe from stock damage
- system can be shifted while water is running
- low maintenance costs - the only moving parts are sprinkler units, pumps and valves
- gentle rain-like application over 24 hour period ensures maximum absorption for pasture growth and reduces run-off
Watch K-Line™ in action:
K-Line Components for Sheep and Beef Farms
K-Line Max is designed for maximum distribution of water and needs to be handled differently from the two smaller sized pods and sprinklers.
The Max system is larger and heavier and should only be shifted when the irrigation is turned off.