Benefits For Farmers
The change to standard K-Line™ specifically for orchard and tree crop use is a pop-up sprinkler with a low angle trajectory, designed to ensure that crop foliage is not irrigated during normal irrigation, minimising disease and fungal growth during the growing season.
The options for orchard K-Line include three sizes of K-Pipe – 32mm, 40mm and 45mm and four nozzle sizes for the pop-up sprinkler.
Our range of K-Line designed for orchard irrigation offers the following benefits:
- Low angle 9° trajectory
- Ensures crop foliage is not irrigated during normal irrigation
- Minimises disease and fungal growth during the growing season
- Can be run in pod lines of up to 12, which means that rows of up to 180 can be irrigated at one time
- Irrigation rate of 400 to 800 litres per hour
- Up to 2-3 rows can be irrigated at one time
Watch K-Line Karousels™ being used to irrigate hazelnuts:
K-Line Orchard Components
The innovative K-line Karousel makes it possible for pods to be easily moved between rows in the orchard without causing any damage to trees.
For more detailed information about the components in our K-Line Orchard irrigation systems, view our brochure.